An IRA certificate account is a certificate and IRA account combined. You will earn higher dividends than a regular share account or IRA accumulation account but your money is held till the certificate matures at a set rate. There could be early withdrawal penalties, wage restrictions and deposit restrictions with the IRS and the Credit Union. Full details are included in our disclosure statements or consult your tax advisor.
- Terms range from 3 months to 24 months (2 years).
- Rate is fixed until maturity
- All share certificates require a $1,000 minimum deposit
- Possible early withdrawal penalties with the Credit Union and the IRS
- No additional deposits can be made to share certificates once the certificate is opened
- Dividends are paid quarterly
- Rates are based on the local market conditions. Check out our rate sheet for more details
- Low annual fee
- Transfers allowed from other IRA accounts or retirement plans
- New Roth and Coverdell Education Savings Accounts available